Wednesday, 3 February 2016

Paloma Update and Photos

I think it's safe to say that Paloma is in the terrible twos. She definitley has no problem saying no, and asserting her will. She insists on putting on her own shoes and socks, hates having her diaper changed with a passion (potty training can't come soon enough!) hates her winter jacket & car seat. She loves to cook and will sit on the kitchen counter for an hour or more if she's allowed to help us stir, measure and pour ingredients and wash the dishes. She also loves to go grocery shopping and refuses to sit in the cart. Instead, she walks around with her own hand basket and I put the lighter items in hers and the heavier in mine. She loves to read books, play with her doll and the dogs. She often asks for Lola (LALA!) as soon as she wakes up/gets home from daycare. 

She sleeps in a big girl bed and she does quite well in it. In our new house, the master bedroom used to be two bedrooms, but the wall was taken down to create one huge room. She sleeps in her double bed on one side and I sleep in mine on the other. Sometime between 2:00 -5:00 every morning I hear "Mom? Mom?" (always twice) and I say "I'm coming!" She wants me to lay down with her in her bed to put her back to sleep, but I usually take her into my bed so I can get back under the covers. She sleeps without a blanket and I get too cold laying there. I think I'll start leaving myself a blanket on the floor next to her bed to use from now on because she usually gets pretty mad when I pick her up to bring her to my bed. It's great that she loves her own bed so I should encourage her to stay there. 

She does really well in daycare. They do a lot of crafts there, which I know she loves and the teachers say she is very helpful. I miss her terribly while I'm away from her, even though I know she is fine. I am really looking forward to being on maternity leave again so I can be home with my girl. 

Some recent photos:







4 comments:

  1. Awww the pictures didn't show up.

    How did you move her to a big bed? We want to do the same with Izzy- and fairly soon so that it's not like her little brother is kicking her out of her room! Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No photos over here either. Mat leave will be amazing. The daycare/work juggle seems like a hard one for all mothers. Hang in there, not much time left!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the photos showed! Paloma is so fricken adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, she sounds like she has so much personality! Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs