Saturday, 18 July 2015

Home Before Work

We are home in the Maritimes for our summer family vacation. I'm going back to work in just over two weeks so this is our last big vacation before Paloma starts daycare. It's always nice to be home. To be near the ocean and forest. Of course it goes without saying that I love to see my family too. Being home always makes me feel energized and rejuvenated. I think it's the ocean air.

We just got here on Wednesday night and we still have a few days of vacationing left to enjoy. Paloma did really well on the plane. We brought some little toys to keep her busy and that worked quite well. We also walked up the aisle on the plane and Paloma made friends with some little girls who kept her busy for a little while too. 

There's a 3 hour time difference between this home and my other home and I've been keeping Paloma on the same schedule as usual. This means when I put her to bed at 10:30 p.m. NS time, she's still going to bed at her regular 7:30 SK bed time. I always do this when we come here, because it also allows her to be up late and play without having to put her to bed when my Mom is still serving evening snacks and the sun is still high in the sky. I've also found she transitions really well to her bedtime and nap time after vacation.

A few photos from today and yesterday:











7 comments:

  1. Such sweetness. Glad to hear you are enjoying vacation. That's a good point about time zones and bedtimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a wonderful rest of your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so amazing how big she's become in just a little over a year and her face is so expressive! Thanks for the tip about the time change. You are my resource for baby travel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great that you are able to keep her on her schedule. Probably so much easier on everyone! Beautiful pics of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Blogger ate my earlier comment...anyway, that travel sleep tip is awesome. I'm totally doing that when I go visit my folks back east next time. Not to mention it means I'll get some extra sleep in the morning! Glad you're having a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We tried to keep Izzy on her sleep schedule when we flew out to the east coast last week and even though she went to bed at the same time she usually does at home, she was up an hour earlier than usual. Ugh. Glad that Paloma is able to keep on the same schedule though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cutie! We were so happy to see y'all again. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs