Tuesday, 5 May 2015

Photo Update

Periodically, I delete all the photos that I've posted on my blog. I figure no one is really reading the old posts (and if they are, they could read them without the photos.) I just don't like the idea of a tonne of my personal photos floating around. Today's post is going to be mostly photos of what we've been up to over the past few weeks because I don't have time to sit down and write a cohesive post. 

Starting from the most recent:


Taking the dogs for a walk with Paloma in the stroller instead of the wrap.


The day I took this photo was a shit show. I was planning on doing a Day in The Life post and was taking photos and keeping record as my morning progressed. I threw in the towel around 3:00 because I couldn't even deal with the day anymore.

I made a double batch of whole wheat sweet potato pancakes (on top of the toaster oven) WHILE PUMPING. And I don't even have a hands free pump!! I resolved to stop nursing Paloma to sleep on this day so she can be ready to nap at daycare. Baby girl was SO UPSET about that change. There was more crying on this day than since she was a newborn. It was so hard, but thankfully we are on the other side of it now. At 1:10, I realized my house was being shown (we're selling) at 1:30 and it wasn't ready yet. I never got so much done in 10 minutes in my life! I could write a whole post about this day, but since I'll probably never get around to it, this while have to do.



We get a local/organic grocery delivery and whenever it arrives, Paloma gets excited to see what's in the box. On this day, I had my back turned to her while I was making supper and I turned around to see she was chomping down on a tomato and pear.



\

Andino took the dogs and Paloma for a walk a little too close to bed time and she fell asleep on the drive back. He brought her inside and took advantage of the opportunity to snuggle. 



A trip to the Museum with her friend B. They were born on the same day! I met B's Mom during our prenatal classes and ran into her at a coffee shop when the babies were 5 months old. I always find it kind of awkward making new Mom friends, but it's great to have other women to hang out with, especially during Maternity leave. We've hung out almost every week since then!


Just hanging out with her cousins

Hiking with Grampy 

Big smiles for Nanny

Reading with Grampy

Nanny made her an amazing birthday cake! It contained only natural sugar and no food colouring. 

Opening early birthday presents from Nanny and Grampy

And now for some bullet point updates:

The weather has been amazing here the last few weeks. Today it was 26 (Sorry Americans, I don't know what that is in Farenheit) but it was super hot. I got sunburned on my cheeks even though I was only outside in the sun for 30 minutes. I am disappointed in myself for not wearing sunscreen. I have been making a big effort to take care of my skin over the last few years because it's showing signs of sun damage. I think most of that is from travelling, but still... 

I'm participating in David Suzuki's 30 x 30 challenge. Basically, you commit to being outdoors for at least 30 minutes a day for the whole month of May. Seems easy, but sometimes you get so consumed with day to day activities that it's not so easy to set aside 30 minutes to enjoy nature. Obviously, today I chose the wrong time and got sunburned. 

I'm planning Paloma's first birthday. I know it's cliche, but really, where has the time gone?! 

Paloma has been sleeping much better. The night before last, she went to bed at 7:30 and didn't wake up until 2:30 and then came into bed with me and slept until 6ish. Not all nights are that good, but a great improvement from waking every 2 hours (or more!) a month or so ago. 

My next post is going to be my 100th post. What should I write about?

6 comments:

  1. She's such a cutie! And that cake looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man she is gorgeous. Not sure what you could do for your 100th post! Party post? Haha can't believe their birthdays are so close!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's getting so big! I think we all have those shit show days sometimes. I do love that picture of Paloma in the kitchen though! I know what you mean about it being difficult making mom friends. It's something I'm really struggling with since we moved. I know nobody here. Although we have now met another set of twins that are a few months older and we've met up a few times at the library and once at a Trampoline Park. It's hard to connect and visit with the other mom though, as we are constantly chasing our very active children! I wish we lived closer! I'd love to hang out with you and go for walks and stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you! I have started and not finished so many posts it's crazy. I've been trying to be present during my day but do miss blogging. I need to set time aside for this more often. I love that P helps herself to the fruit & veggies! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 30x30 is a great idea! Love the pictures - the tomato ones especially :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all have sh*t show days where you just want to give up and take a nap in the middle of the day. But then everyone goes to bed and hopefully the next day is better! I'm glad Paloma is sleeping a bit better- hopefully she will start sleeping through the night soon!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs