Monday, 6 April 2015

To Andino, Just Because

I'm a big believer that showing your appreciation for your spouse shouldn't come at pre-set times like Valentine's Day or your Anniversary, but at times when you're feeling it. Since lately I've been thinking a lot about how lucky I am to have Andino, I thought I'd show my appreciation for him tonight.

Andino,

You've always had my back. You supported me to follow my dreams, even when those dreams meant you had to make sacrifices. You have sacrificed your time, money and energy for the benefit of our family more times than I can count or remember. You never waivered in doing what had to be done in order to fill our home with the sounds and smells and joys of a baby. You have supported all my parenting decisions which means more to me than I think you know. You support my breastfeeding relationship with Paloma, which is easy now, but wasn't in the beginning. You've slept on the couch so your girls would be well rested. You embraced the family traditions I've started over the holidays. You do way more work for our non-profit than you probably envisioned when we launched it. You budget our finances so we can enjoy the lifestyle we do.... then you break the budget every single week for me. You always, always choose us first. You help me to calm down and put things in perspective when I worry too much. You encourage me to pursue my career goals. You bring me home beautiful, thoughtful gifts. You write me love songs.

When we met and had a whirlwind romance, I imagined living a happily ever after with you and you've lived up to every expectation and more.

I really love you.


10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful love letter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the sweetest thing ever. I don't think our husbands get enough praise and it is so refreshing to see this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so right about the importance of showing appreciation and gratitude all the time. I try to do this every day. The little ways we show it matter more than the big ones I think. Wonderful partners must be acknowledged and celebrated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do think the pressure is on men to be romantic and thoughtful. Men need to feel appreciated too.

    I think Andino is a perfect fit for you, and I'm so happy you've found each other! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely letter to your sweet husband!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs