Monday, 23 March 2015

Talking About #2

Wow... I just made an appointment with our infertility Dr (she's an OBGYN not an RE) to talk about baby #2. 

Paloma was born at the end of May and I got pregnant with her September 3rd. Originally, I was planning on trying for #2 in June or July after she turns 1, because I wanted the baby to be born in February or March when the weather sucks and we aren't going outside anyway. Then when the baby is old enough to enjoy being outside, the weather would just start getting nice. I found it hard this winter with Paloma learning to crawl and wanting to explore during the long, cold winter months when we were stuck inside all the time. That plan didn't work out though, because my daycare won't have a space for her until August so I won't be returning to work until then and I didn't want to start back at work already pregnant (although I could... but still...) So we have been talking about starting to try again in September/October. Only recently, I found out about a tonne of drop-in Mom & Baby groups within walking distance of my house, so if I do have another May baby, I would definitely participate in those groups during the winter.

So even though we aren't planning on trying again right away, I asked my family Dr to refer us again last week when I was there because Paloma was sick. Dr. H usually has a really long wait list (last time I think it was 6-9 months) because she is renowned in our city, so I was surprised when I received a voicemail this afternoon offering me an appointment with her this Thursday! When I called back to accept the appointment, I told the receptionist we aren't in a rush and asked if it would be possible to schedule us a few months from now. She told me Dr. H was just coming back from mat leave (!) and will only be working part time during the summer. After that she's going to Vancouver for 2 years to further her education with regards to infertility. (Maybe she's becoming an RE?) so I'm glad I got an appointment with her when I did.

I thought I would have more mixed feelings about starting this roller coaster again, but surprisingly, I'm nothing but happy. That being said, we are really just going to see her to talk about trying again, not actually starting medication or anything, so maybe when the time comes I'll feel more apprehensive. 

13 comments:

  1. Hoping your appointment goes well and you walk out of their with ease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you the best as you embark on this next step!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the stars aligned for this appointment! Wishing you all the best as you begin your journey to baby #2!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it seems like Paloma just arrived but I guess not! Good luck with the appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness!! So soon!! I hope you have a great appointment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, right there with you. We have not made an appointment yet, but we are working on weaning so we can start treatment again (it is such a difficult task... weaning). In the meantime we are trying - hoping for a miracle... though we know our chances are low.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just loved reading this and wishing you the best with your journey for Paloma's sibling :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm actually amazed how many kids/baby programs our tiny library has for free. It's worth it to check out yours too for Paloma/baby #2. In the winter I find it's good to go out even if it's just to go to a different indoor space. I still have faith that spring is just around the bend!

    Good luck with your appointment. I'm so excited at the prospect of a second child for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Exciting! Hope the appointment goes well. I'm glad you get to spend the summer with Paloma!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope everything goes at the important. It's beautiful to see your family grow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. #2 already? Feels like Paloma just got here. Crazy. Well, I'm glad you are getting to see your Dr, but that sucks she won't be around when the time comes for treatment. I hope the 2nd time around is easier since you have Paloma already. Maybe not as much of a roller coaster? Maybe? Hopefully? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Even though it's not quite time for #2 yet, it's still exciting that you are talking about it and making plans! Hopefully the second time around will be a bit easier!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs