Monday, 23 February 2015

#Microblog Monday Winter Vacation

Paloma is not even 9 months old and has already been on 3 vacations! (2 to visit family on the East Coast and 1 to Mexico).  She's a great little traveller and aside from minor complaints/cries here and there, she's always been an easy baby to fly with. On this last vacation, we lucked out and the seat next to us was empty for one of the flights (3 hours). It was so great to have some extra room. If I were rich, I'd definitely pay for her to have her own seat...but since I'm not, she'll be stuck travelling (for free) on my lap until she's 2. I brought some new toys to keep her busy, but her favourite thing to play with was an empty water bottle. Of course.




I'm trying to convince Andino that our next vacation should be somewhere we've never been before. I'm thinking outside the Caribbean. I suggested Greece, but Andino wants to travel during the winter to somewhere hot, so I guess that limits us to the southern hemisphere.

Does anyone have any suggestions on affordable winter vacations (family friendly of course)?  

11 comments:

  1. Cute photos! so great that you have a confident little traveler! I can't wait for family trips, but vacation time is at a premium for us these days, so I will probably be mostly traveling vicariously. I love the desert and really enjoyed Arizona, so that's my recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww how cute! She looks like she's having a fabulous time. I also told J I wanted to travel somewhere we've never been before after baby is born. Don't have any recommendations since the only places we ever travel to is California and Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of Paloma sticking out her tongue. Has her sleep gotten any better?

    How about Puerto Rico? If Paloma is a good traveler you could try Argentina. I LOVED Arg and there is so much to see! Plus it is seriously cheap once you get down there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome that she's already traveling so much! I wish I had suggestions, but I'm seriously missing snow at the moment, so my brain is all about mountains and skiing. But I like the ideas suggested above!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just jealous of the fact that you guys are planning a vacation with sun and sand! It's freezing here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute pics! Our girl has also been a great traveller, and we've been thinking about some new adventures for our family. We avoid resorts and also wanted something a bit more interesting, so our big concern was vaccinations (as in, going someplace that doesn't require)...I think we're considering Mauritius or Morocco -- both year-round good weather and very family friendly cultures. I'm obviously geared towards Euro departures though -- those would be a massively long haul for you from the prairie provinces! I can second Puerto Rico, and was also recently researching Colombia (we have friends there). Check out this post: Home !! Let us know what you plan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The link I inserted did something wierd with the text (i.e. 'home'), but it's still the correct webpage.

      Delete
  7. Fun! My daughter is a great plane-rider too. We've not been to any warm weather vacations, though we had one planned for Puerto Rico that we canceled when we decided to move across the country instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad your air travel was fairly easy.

    It was so good to see both of you girls again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have no travel advice but she sure is adorable!!!

    Www.partdeuxparenthood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete


  10. I found your blog quite interesting and the concern in the blog is really impressive.I always prefer to read the quality content and this thing I found in your post. Thanks for sharing.
    Vacation Rental Havana

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs