Thursday, 18 December 2014

This and That

I much prefer writing my updates in well thought out paragraph form, but today, bullet points will have to do!

I missed doing a 6 month update for Paloma because I was in the middle of switching blogs. I won't go through the likes and dislikes (because I forget) but I will post her 6 month pic:

Looks like she is in the middle of saying something
It's cold here now. Not as cold as it gets by any means, but cold enough that I have to bundle up to go outside. I really, really hate the cold weather. One of the things that got me through last winter was knowing that this winter, I would be on maternity leave so I wouldn't have to get up and go outside while it's still dark and cold out every morning. I'm really missing being able to go for walks with Paloma. For the first 5 months of her life, I would pop her in my wrap and go for a nice long walk with her in the afternoon. Being in the fresh air is the best way for me to beat the blues or think through an issue. Now, we stay inside for days at a time. Even the dogs aren't getting the exercise they should, which makes me feel guilty because they keep us company all day everyday so they deserve to go for runs. Yesterday, we went to Winners, just to get out of the house but honestly, who wants to go shopping this time of year?

Speaking of maternity leave; I called the daycare where I put my name on the wait list when I was 12 weeks pregnant and they told me they won't have room for Paloma until she's about 14 months old. Finding childcare in Canada (or at least in this province) is absolutely insane. I let my work know that I will be returning on August 1st instead of June 1st and they were fine with that. I can't say that I'm disappointed about being able to spend an extra 2 months home with my girl during the summer!

Paloma is learning to crawl. She is getting into everything! She likes to stick her hands in the plants, suck on the HDMI cord... yesterday she crawled over to the dogs dish, stuck her hand in and was just about to stick some dog food in her mouth when I caught her. Everyday, she gets a bit better at crawling and everyday she finds something new in the house to explore and get into (which she probably shouldn't)




She's been trying to crawl for a few weeks now, but she kept slipping and sliding on the hardwood. Yesterday, I let her try with bare legs so she could get some grip and she did pretty well!




Paloma has always been a good sleeper. But for the past few nights, she's been waking up multiple times a night and the Le Pause just isn't helping. I go into her room and always find her on all fours attempting to crawl in her crib. I'm really hoping this is just a phase and she will go back to sleeping well. Everything I've read says that sleep disturbances are common when babies are working on a milestone so I'm going with that.



8 comments:

  1. Love your little updates, even in bullet form!

    That Eat Local shirt is hilarious!! What a cutie. I'm really nervous for Molly to start crawling because of all the gross dog hair. I don't have the time to vacuum daily... but it's so gross. I'm really at a loss of what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That long for daycare? Wow that is absolutely beyond insane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great update and photos. Ugh, daycare. There was no way I could have put my name on a waitlist at 3 months pregnant. I don't know what will happen with us. I've inquired at a couple of places in the past month but heard nothing back. I hate even thinking about daycare but at the same time I know it can't be put off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the multitasking...blowing raspberries AND crawling! I'm terrified of daycare wait lists...I put myself on three or four at about 10 weeks (thinking they'd think I was nuts) and no one batted an eye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow it boggles my mind it takes that long. Had no idea day cares were that busy. On a brighter note look at her go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I can't believe daycares! I hope it works out in the end.

    What a cutie! Her personality seems to be shining through even more lately. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whaaaat?!?! That daycare wait is insaaaane!! And I can't believe your work was so cool about another two months off!! I only got 12 weeks off (which is pretty good by American standards, sadly!) and they acted like the world was falling apart by the time I got back!! I can't imagine over a year! Then again, I guess if they've made it work without you for a year, another 2 months isn't that big of a deal. I can't believe she is crawling!! I feel like Millie will probably never learn to crawl, since that would require being on her stomach, which SHE WILL NEVER EVER DO. NEVER.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs