Monday, 29 December 2014

#Microblog Monday: Her Smell

I love to smell things. Not all things, but there are some things I just can't get enough of. Like the smell of the pages in an old, softcover book. The ocean. My husband's shirts. But the best smell of all? My baby. Oh I could smell her all day long. I do, in fact. I smell her hair, her skin, her sweet milk breath, even her little feet!

I'm so obsessed with her smell that when I let someone else hold her and she comes back to me smelling like them I can't stand it. I've even taken a washcloth and tried to wipe away the other smell so she can go back to smelling like my sweet Paloma. Is that weird?

Sometimes when I'm breathing her in, I imagine her grown up enough to say "MOOOOoom stop smelling me!" And I always remember how long I waited to have a baby of my own so I could bury my face in her neck and drink her in. Those are the little things I dreamed of over the years of waiting for her...

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I know! I could just eat up AJ sometimes - the way she smells, looks, sounds, everything. :-) Enjoy! They are too young to think we are crazy and weird (although I wonder sometimes the way AJ looks at me...lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling. I love the milk breath especially! So gross, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a smell person too. Certain smells I love just because they evoke memories or a feeling. Canadian Tire is a weird one for me, the smell of the metal shop at school in the morning, or the smell of fresh cut grass.

    I feel the same way, except about the milk breath thing. I still smell Sofia's hair when I come home from work. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I totally hear you on this one. I'm the same way with my babies. And I too hate when someone else is holding them and then they smell like that person. (-:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, yes, yes, especially to the idea that they go out somewhere and come home not smelling like themselves. I am still sniffing the kids several times a day. And I can't go to bed until I've smelled their sleeping heads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would hear my sister in law say she loved smelling her baby's milk breath. At first I find it odd but hearing you say the same thing it's something I can't wait to experience.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, yes. Some people find milk (or formula, as the case may be) breath disgusting...I looove it. I have spent serious time trying to figure out of I actually like the smell of it, or if I just like the associated baby and emotions that comes with milk breath...but either way, I don't care. That smell just fills me with delight. And YES- my MIL wears a strong perfume most of the time and Millie comes home smelling like her and I'm like...wardrobe change!! Time to smell like YOU again!! I don't wanna cuddle with my MIL!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My MIL told me her most important piece of birth advice was to take a second after the baby is born and just smell him. I thought that seemed kind of gross at the time, but I guess there's just something primal about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So funny. I don't really think Hazy has a distinct smell but I breathe her in ALL the time and I can literally feel my mama hormones zinging and tingling! I can't get enough!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs