Monday, 17 November 2014

#Microblog Monday

Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, never had a dog.

The first few weeks after Paloma was born, our big dog Lola never left her side. She was up with me and in the nursery for every single diaper change and feeding. Now, she trusts me that I am going to take good care of the baby so she has stopped hovering so much. But even now if Paloma starts crying and Mama doesn't go to her fast enough, sure enough Lola will push the door open to her room and look at her through her crib to make sure she's okay.

Throughout my pregnancy, we were a little worried about how the dogs would react to the new addition and we are so thrilled that they love her and are not even a little bit jealous. I love being a stay at home Mom while on my maternity leave for a year, but it's even better that the dogs are here to keep us company. Especially this week, while Andino is away with his band, having the dogs here makes me feel safer and not so lonely.









Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate too

9 comments:

  1. So sweet! Lola sounds like a great baby sitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a big goofball! I keep wondering how Buddy's going to do with our new addition. I hope he's as good as Lola!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!! That's exactly what I imagined when we got a dog and were still just hoping for kids. Then we ended up with a dog who is terrified of kids. Terrified! She tolerates them because she is used to them, but she is pretty indifferent to them most of the time. I'll take indifference over aggression any day, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet. I love the first picture where they're looking at each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's adorable and awesome. One of our dogs does not like children and tried to nip. He's a very small dog but it is still not cool. He is very protective over his family (us) so I'm hoping he will be protective of our future children and not hostile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my heart is melting from these pictures. So adorable! I predict they will be sleeping together as soon as they get the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how beautiful! so touching that Lola is so protective.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs