Monday, 6 October 2014

#MicroblogMonday Bedtime Stories


Some of my favourite childhood memories are of when my parents would read me bedtime stories. I have two brothers, but we each had our own individual story time with one of our parents before bed. It's a tradition I am so happy to be able to carry on with my own daughter. These days, it has gotten a little harder because she loves to reach out and try to shove each & every page into her mouth, but I love reading to her. 


Story time with Dad

Story time with Nanny

10 comments:

  1. So awesome! Raise her to be a reader and she'll never be bored :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing her such a favour by starting her love of books early.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so great. You're setting her up for a lifetime of adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait until she starts turning those pages! Good for you for introducing her to books so early. It won't be long before you find her pulling down her favorites and snugging with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful tradition. I am already reading books to my girls while in the NICU.

    I love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute and very smart of you to start early. Amazing how much their minds are formed from an early age, and loving books sure won't hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) She loves books just like her mama.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reading was such an important part of my childhood. I can't wait to read to my son. Love that everyone reads to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It definitely does get challenging to read them books as they get bigger and reach for the pages, but it's something that we try to do too! Such a great tradition to have. I love that your parents read to the three of you individually so you each had your own time with them.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs