Monday, 21 July 2014

Family Picnic

Obviously when you have a baby, things change. Andino and I had gotten into the (expensive) habit of eating out at restaurants a few times a week during my pregnancy. We both knew that once Paloma arrived we wouldn't be able to, so we enjoyed it while we could. Now, we find different, baby-friendly activities to do on the weekend like going for walks or getting ice cream. This weekend, we had our first ever picnic! I packed our lunch and a blanket and we drove to the park down the street to enjoy the beautiful weather. I had so much fun and I can't wait to do it again!

On the menu was egg salad sandwiches with dill from our garden on 12-grain bread purchased at the Farmer's Market, tuna salad pitas, quinoa black bean salad, crackers, cheese & pepperoni, dried mangoes & cashews, homemade iced tea and yerba mate to wash it all down! Needless to say, I wasn't very hungry for the fish tacos we had for supper last night. Eating together at the supper table has always been a big deal to me (we always did it growing up) but often times, Paloma will be awake and fussy during supper (it's like she knows the second we are ready to sit down to eat and will start to cry!) so one of us eats while the other entertains the baby and then we switch. Or, sometimes Andino will cut up my food for me so I can feed her with one hand holding her and the other feeding myself! Going on this picnic was extra nice because we all got to eat lunch together.







It took us a lot longer to get out the door than I anticipated, partly because I made Andino and Paloma dress up so I could get some nice photos of our first family picnic. Paloma has so many 0-3 dresses that she was given at the baby shower and I never put her in them because I think casual, hippy-style clothes are so cute! I think Andino gets annoyed sometimes by how often I want to take pictures, but he's the one who bought me my camera! Here's a pic of Andino waiting patiently for me to finish preparing the picnic, before Paloma was changed into her fancy dress: 


So that was the highlight of our weekend, I hope you all had great weekends too! 





9 comments:

  1. Awww I love it!! What a happy picnic- and lovely pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That breastfeeding picture is absolutely beautiful! Simply stunning. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Killing me with all these beautiful pics! What a beautiful family. Glad you are able to enjoy the outdoors and change it up with a picnic. Fun! I'm with you on the eating dinner together too. Sounds like you've got a great hubby and you two are making it work. All good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a delicious meal and a perfect picnic. I love your red headband. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a menu, beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those pics! You are such a beautiful mama!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad to see that you're out and enjoying the great summer weather!

    It's amazing how fast your little girl is growing already. She is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have to enjoy every second we can because summer is too short!!

      She is growing far too fast,I'll be sad when she doesn't fit 0-3 clothes anymore, which is probably going to be very soon...

      Delete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs