Monday, 26 May 2014

Overdue

I served the baby with a mental eviction notice yesterday, but apparently she didn't pick up on my vibe. Yesterday was exactly 40 weeks since we had the IUI and two days before my official due date. It was 30+ degrees out and I'd gone for my daily hour-long walk. I spent a few hours planting flowers in pots (my first time gardening!) cleaned my house, made supper... basically kept myself busy all day so I wouldn't think about when the baby will come.

I am so, so, so ready to go into labour. I don't want to be induced but I don't want to be pregnant with this baby for another day! I am seeing my midwife tomorrow and she is going to be doing another stretch & sweep. Hopefully it works (third time is the charm, right?) I am so cranky at this point that I don't want to see anyone except for my husband and my midwife... And to be honest, I don't think I would make very enjoyable company anyway. I was good until today, we had a nice weekend and a nice big bbq with family. But today? I'm just done. I woke up this morning and realized that I'm mentally done being pregnant... now I just have to wait for my body to catch up with my mind!

I am tired of trying all the old wives tales to get labour started. You name it and I've tried it. Curry, bouncing on my exercise ball, sex, long walks, nipple stimulation - and not so much as a single contraction! I actually don't think the baby has even dropped yet.  I need to just accept that the baby will come on her own time, but until then I just want to hibernate in my house and wait.

I promise I will update my blog as soon as we have news. Hopefully that will be soon!

10 comments:

  1. Hurry up baby girl! :-) Hoping for some exciting news soon. I'm so excited for you for making it to this point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I totally know how you feel! I kind of felt like I was done being pregnant the last month or so. Then finally came to terms that I would just be pregnant forever, but I was still cranky abut it.

    It's good that you're keeping yourself busy while accomplishing things around the house and yard, because it will be difficult at first when that little girl arrives.

    Congratulations on your first gardening experience by the way!



    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty much everyone I know was late/overdue with their first baby, but very few have ever had to be induced. I think she's just taking her time, she'll be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeeek! I can not wait for you to have your lil babe!! FYI I've been told that nipple stimulation is very painful when done correctly....maybe try it again and really give those nips a good squeeze! Also I've heard pineapple juice...maybe with some castor oil? That's my plan but only when I'm so late they make me do another US. Just remember that she will come out when she's truly ready. I'm sure the anticipation is driving you insane but just think, she will never be inside you again! I am already feeling nostalgic about my pregnancy and it being over so soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am sending you all the love and smooth-delivery vibes, and lighting a candle for you. I hope it will all go well and can't wait to hear your news. So, so exciting, you will be overwhelmed by such undescribable joy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for your baby to make her arrival!! Keep us posted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I've so been there! I remember the end of my pregnancy and feeling like I couldn't take one more day! I too tried every trick in the book to help speed things up! Any day now it's going to happen! I'm so excited for when she'll arrive! xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gahhhh, so excited for you! I can already appreciate what feeling late will feel like (or at least imagine it) since I have this date in my head and I truly want it to happen. But just think, before you know it she'll be here and you'll forget all the waiting. I'm so jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is she here, is she here?? I hope so. I was five days overdue (six really, as she was born at 1 a.m.) and I was going crazy! Can't wait to hear. xo

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs