Wednesday, 30 April 2014

36 Weeks

Hubby got me an awesome camera for Christmas and I just asked him to take these photos with the camera on my phone. Shame on me! They are a bit blurry...I was planning to just send them to Mom, but then I thought I might as well share them here for anyone else who might want to see. I feel HUGE. My belly now rests on my legs when I sit down. I can't sit for longer than 20 minutes without getting all cramped up, so I am taking lots of little breaks to walk around this week - my last week of work. I woke up at 4:30 this morning and couldn't fall back asleep because I was dreading sitting in my office all day.Then I started imagining how great it's going to be when I'm off work and I can take my dogs for long walks. Being active is still the only thing that makes me feel good.

So this is me at 36 weeks. I've gained 30 pounds. That was my target for the entire pregnancy, so I told Andino I'm just going to stop weighing myself from now on. 



I probably should have tidied up baby's dresser before taking the photo. We got the dresser second hand and hubby did an awesome job painting it with low-VOC paint. We still have to arrange the room but once it's done, I will take some photos and post them. 

I'm not wearing a bra in these photos. I am carrying high, so my bra has been causing me a lot of discomfort. The highlight of my day is when I get home from work and take it off. Well, to be honest that was the highlight of my day even before I got pregnant. I love to go bra-less during the summer months and on date nights. I think this summer will be different though, since I'll be nursing. 

I have an appointment with my midwife today. The last two appointments were with other midwives, just in case mine is not available for one reason or another when I go into labour, so I can be familiar with the back-ups. 

So that's about it, not much news! I hope everyone has a great Wednesday :)

14 comments:

  1. You're too cute, and the dresser looks great! 30 lbs sounds spot on (and I'll admit I'm more than a little jealous, seeing as how I've gained practically double that...). It is very strange to not be able to wear a bra, isn't it? I can't believe I'm missing my small chest, but I totally do! Hope they go back down and still look cute post-baby. A girl can dream, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you! You are all belly, 30 pounds or no. I'd take your pregnant arms over my non-pregnant arms any day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin you look awesome, 30 pounds is great ! The last month is the most uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Now that I am off work, I hope I feel more comfortable since I'll be able to go for walks etc.

      Delete
  4. I agree with the above comments! You're rockin' that belly girl! I also gained double that, so don't feel bad. Thirty pounds is within the recommended range anyway.

    I can't believe you're so close! One more week and she'll be full term! (From what I recall anyway).

    PS What a cute wet bag you have there... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe you gained double that because I feel like I look exactly like you did! We are definitely carrying the same way...

      I am so excited to be full term!!! And yes, I love my wet bag, a very special friend gave it to me :) I need to hook it onto the side of my dresser :)

      Delete
    2. p.s. I don't know if you can see the pink outfit beside the wet bag - it's also from you. All ready to pack in my hospital bag!

      Delete
    3. Haha yup I did. We definitely are carrying the same way. I used to wish I had a massive watermelon belly, but now looking back I realized it's probably easier to carry closer to the body anyway.

      Yay I'm glad you like it. I was looking at that outfit and I couldn't tell if that's the one you got it or not. It's amazing that you have your bags back and your ready to go already! Time flies, I can't wait to meet that little girl! :)

      Delete
  5. This is so exciting! You look beautiful, and that commode is super pretty, I love the old-school look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girlfriend! It's totally old-school isn't it? Andino is a good painter.

      Delete
  6. Omg you are way too cute! How the hell are your arms so toned?? My triceps have cellulite these days :( Love the dresser! Can't wait to see more pics of her room. Im jealous you are almost done with work, i have 10 more weeks that im going to try to work. I'm getting super excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I was so convinced if I didn't work out my arms during pregnancy they would never be toned again, so I really focused on that when I exercised. Andino helped me learn how to "feel the burn" by going really slow with my 5 pound weights with high reps. However, these photos are deceiving because the lighting and arm position makes me look more toned than I really am!

      Delete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs