Thursday, 27 March 2014

Gassy Mornings

My due date is exactly 2 months away. I am 31 weeks and 2 days pregnant which means my countdown to delivery is in the single digits now! (9 weeks) Which is really very exciting. I am so ready to meet her... and also to not be pregnant anymore! haha

Overall, things are still going very well. I don't have any aches or pains but she's getting so big (I'm getting so big!) that sometimes I get short of breath. I think she's pushing on my lungs or something, but thankfully that doesn't happen often. There's also the challenge of getting dressed - I haven't put so much time & effort into putting on my socks and shoes since I was a toddler! And there is one other thing that I think makes Andino just as uncomfortable as it makes me; the only pregnancy symptom I had first trimester  - excessive gas - has returned. With a vengeance. Oh, and the hemorrhoids. Or as I affectionately call them "hemis" but that's nothing new, I've been getting those for 7 or 8 years now. Glamorous - I know.

So like I said, overall things are still going very well. These complaints are just minor annoyances that go along with carrying an extra 23 pounds in the belly. Basically, I don't feel cute pregnant anymore, I just feel big pregnant. For the first time ever, someone asked if I was just about ready to have the baby:

"Not much longer now, eh?"

"Well, two months... "

"Oh really? Because you look so big!"

"Yeah..."

That happened this morning. I need to tell you that I am so not a morning person. I like getting up early, but I hate having to get up and get ready and go out in the cold. Andino wakes up singing, smiling, dancing, being goofy (and reminding me every 10 minutes not to be late and telling me how much time I have left to get ready). I wake up... I might as well be honest here... on weekdays I wake up with a grumpy face. It takes me a couple hours to get in a happy mood. That's only on weekdays though. On the weekend I still get up early, usually by 7:30 am, but when I wake up naturally instead of to the jarring sound of the alarm clock (which usually causes the first words out of my mouth to be curse words) and I sit quietly reading the news or a book for an hour over tea, it makes all the difference in the world. I only have 6 weeks of work left and I am really looking forward to a year off to spend with my baby. I know it's going to be hard getting up with her at all hours of the night, but like I said, it's not the getting up that bothers me, it's the having to get up and go that makes me cranky. My parents spoiled me when I lived at home. They knew I was not a morning person so they didn't try to talk to me until I had been up for a couple hours. Andino is a chatterbox in the morning. I wonder if baby will take after me or Andino? I guess we'll know in a few years!

Luckily, Andino has been very understanding and helpful which I appreciate so much because I need that right now. He has been helping me with all the little things that need to be done around the house which means I still have enough energy to do my little workouts 2 or 3 times a week. Exercise is the only thing that really makes me feel great these days. I do about 20 minutes of walking on my treadmill at varying intervals and then I do 20 minutes or so of light weights. I really think that these little workout sessions are what have kept me from experiencing too many unpleasant pregnancy symptoms so I hope to keep them up until the end.

So what about you? Are you a morning person? Speaking of mornings, tell me what your favourite breakfast is too! I love pancakes and waffles (homemade of course!)

10 comments:

  1. I am not a morning person at all. I need some time before I am awake enough to have a conversation. I am having to learn to function at an earlier hour these days though. It is getting easier but I still don't love the mornings. It helps that the babies are so smiley and happy when I go into their room. That helps put me in a good mood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had "Piles" in my second pregnancy. Thankfully they did not turn to Beanstalk proportions and haven't harassed me since delivering my girl two years back.

    Good Luck for the last stretch of the pregnancy and beyond.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a morning person at all and I think Muppet is taking after me. He wakes up slow and if you try to play with him before he's ready, he lets you know to back off.

    I'm so happy to see your pregnancy going so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily (eatloveprocreate.blogspot.com)28 March 2014 at 10:41

    Here here on the digestive woes. I feel your pain girlfriend. Haha! Can't believe you're only 9 weeks away. That is so insane! Also can't believe someone said "You are so big." Some people have no filter. However, I remember a time when we would have given our right arm to hear someone say those words, so live up the last few months being preggers I say! So excited for you. eeeeek

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup hormones are a wonderful thing, causing food aversions, sickness and... hemorrhoids! I totally remember all of that, it's normal, but definitely uncomfortable.
    I remember being pregnant and just wishing for months that I'd just look pregnant. Then when you do pop you feel too big sometimes, and near the end I felt like I'd be pregnant forever! I just started to accept at I'd still be pregnant when I'm 60! :) You look fabulous and pregnant, not "big". I think big is never a good thing to call a woman, even if she's very pregnant.
    I was like you, l never used to be a morning person but Sofia changed that.
    PS I love over-easy eggs, with bacon & fruit for breakfast in the morning! Now you know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can definitely see how happy babies would put you in a good mood!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha sounds like he took after you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's for sure! Being big is a huge blessing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha funny how pregnancy works eh? You're dying to look pregnant and when you finally do it's fun for a few weeks and then it just gets uncomfortable.

    So you're a morning person now? I guess there is hope for me! and that sounds like a very delicious breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm quite certain you are probably still an adorable and cute pregnant person! Even if you don't feel like it :) I'm okay with mornings typically, except when I used to have to be at work at 5am. Those mornings plain sucked. However, I am also a night owl. It's not a good combination. My husband most DEFINITELY is not a morning person! Don't talk to him in he mornings because he is Mr. Grumpy pants for sure. Winding down to the las few weeks. I am so excited for you to me your little girl! I also can't wait to see pictures of her. I'm hoping you will share :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs