Sunday, 17 November 2013

Welcome to the new blog

I am excited about the new journey to parenthood that Andino and I are on, and I created this blog to share our new journey. Some of the posts I write here will be private, meaning you will need a password to read them. I've decided to make the change from an entirely public blog to a blog that offers some privacy because I love writing about our journey, but since I've become pregnant I've felt the need for more privacy. I want to share my personal photos with my family and friends but I don't feel comfortable having them on the world wide web for just anyone to see. I plan to share my bump photos as my pregnancy progresses, ultrasound photos and photos of our baby here.

I'm glad I had the public blog over the last few years. I met so many women who were going through the same thing as I was, and just being able to connect with them made a world of difference in my ability to cope with the hard times we faced trying to reach where we are today. I also received emails over the years from people who said they appreciated my blog because I helped them in some way. Many were considering IVF in Mexico, some liked the posts I wrote about natural supplements and a few people wrote to ask questions about the adoption process. (Incidentally, 3 of the people Andino and I referred to Mexico had success on their first or second tries!) I'm so glad I had the chance to connect with those people and I wouldn't change my experience to get to where I am today.

That being said, the path we are on now is different. It feels more personal and private, so I've decided to move my blog in that direction as well. I considered stopping blogging altogether, but I know I would miss writing and I also want to document this journey for my own sake. I hope the bother of typing in passwords sometimes doesn't deter you from reading. Everyone I've decided to share my blog with has helped me immensely over the past few years. I have always felt so blessed to have such supportive friends and family - I don't know what I'd do without you all!

23 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your second journey GN :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so honored that you are sharing your new blog with me! I am sooo looking forward to continuing to follow your story. Thank you for your friendship. It's meant a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, I'm so happy you're blogging again! I can't wait to see the pictures of your belly growing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to following your journey. It really helps a lot to relate with people who've been on similar paths.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I clicked on your blog the other day and it stated that you have removed it. So glad to see you set up a new blog! I was a little worried about you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited that you are following! Your friendship has meant a lot to me too and I am excited to follow your journey with the babies :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait for it to really pop out! haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks T :) I'm glad you decided to stick around!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing makes me happier than to be able to continue to follow along with you. You're support has been unmeasurable this past year. Much love my friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are too kind! You are one of my favourite bloggy friends and I am so glad you will stick around :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm here too! You're not getting rid of me that easy... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. yay!! I am so glad you're here :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so glad to be following you on this new and exciting journey. You're going to be a wonderful mother!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for your new blog! Looking forward to continuing to follow you.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks! I tried to make it look Gypsy! haha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you! I always love new beginnings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. notpregnantandpissed22 November 2013 at 17:27

    So glad I can keep up with your growing family!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the new blog!! I'm a wordpress fan now too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohhh I feel like a terrible friend! You announced your pregnancy right around when Owen was born and I missed congratulating you and then I missed the switch to your new blog. Oops. Sooooo CONGRATULATIONS!! I am really so so happy for you. You are going to be a wonderful mama and I can't wait to follow you through this next step :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs